The Diploma program is offered by Distance Learning on a part-time basis, running for a period of six months from October of each year, and takes two years to complete.
Delivery of the program will involve a variety of teaching methods, including lectures in electronic format, web-based materials, paper-based reading, an on-line “chat room” and other Internet-based activities,. There may be an option of attending a residential workshop.
- Each part of the program will consist of lectures in electronic format, supported by directed private study, and will include formal assessment elements.
- Lectures will consist of computer-based lectures by leading experts in the field, and will incorporate self-assessment and interactive elements where appropriate.
- Lecture material will be supplemented by a program of directed study, including review papers and original research publications.
- Students will be provided with a comprehensive portfolio of reading material in electronic format. Core program textbooks will also be provided to all students as part of the registration fee.
- Each program will include regular assignments and a formal examination to be completed by students.
Upon successful completion of all compulsory elements of the program, including coursework, assignments and examinations, students are eligible to graduate with the IOC Diploma in Sports Physical Therapies.